September 25, 2008

Growing up . . . .


I love the stage that Austin is at.  He understands directions (ie: go get your shoes on so we can go - and he will go get them and bring them to me), is starting to use more words,  enjoys being social with others, can feed himself (when I allow it),  and plays well by himself.  He loves to get the phone and talk to people, sing in the microphone, play outside and he has one volume all of the time . . . . . .LOUD!!!!!  

Here are some of the things that he says on a regular basis:

Mommy, Dadda, milk, water, eat, cracker, cookie, more, up, ball, NO, Braden, Brooke, Grandpa (sorry Grandma - he just won't say it), yum-yum, kitty, dog, kick, choo-choo, peek-a-boo, night-night, baby (my favorite because he says it so cute!).  

I guess the list isn't that long, but I hope he is on track for a 14 month old.  But you can ask him what different animals say and he knows most of them.  He has big shoes to fill if he is going to keep up with Braden.  He is a joy and every time he smiles and I see his big dimples it just melts my heart.  It is unfortunate that he won't hold still long enough to get a good picture of his cute smile!  But as you can see from up above, dirt does not bother him one bit!




5 comments:

{Brooke} said...

I take it he doesn't like wearing pants either!?! HAHA. He is so handsome

Melanie said...

That seems like a huge amount of words for a 14 month old to say!

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

We just had Taten evaluated by a speech therapist and he doesn't say any of those words, he barks for a dog, says ball and signs more. That is it. Are you trying to rub it in that your kids are so smart? The speech therapist actually said she wasn't concerned about Taten and there is just a big range of when kids learn to talk.

Kristen said...

He is so darling!

Amy Jones said...

Your Kids are getting so big. They are so Cute.