December 12, 2008

Long time - no write

Okay, 5 weeks since my last update?  Come on.  I can do better than that.  

A special visitor came to our ward party last week and Austin didn't want anything to do with him.  But I had to have a picture of him screaming on his lap because I have one when Braden was this age doing the same thing.  I actually think that Santa was more afraid of Austin.  When we ask him what Santa says he will say mooooo and then start laughing cause he thinks it is so funny to tease us.  He is such a tease these days - I don't know where he gets that from unless he picks it up from Grandpa Smith!



Braden talked about seeing Santa all week long and of course when it came right down to it he got a little nervous and the cat got his tongue but he managed to do fine.  This time he asked Santa for new Nike shoes.  I think it changes daily what he is asking for but Santa had his (let's be honest it should read HER) shopping done 2 months ago and he will get what he asked for the very first time.  



We have a Christmas Party to go to tonight with some friends and we are supposed to bring a white elephant gift.  If anyone reads this before 7 pm tonight, why don't you throw me an idea or 2.  I always seem to have a brain cramp when it comes to these types of gifts.  I guess I could go see what is in the storage room - I bet I could find a slew of them in there. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about dang time you updated this thing!! I always love reading about what you're up to...since we don't meet 2 weeks anymore ;) Austin and Braden are so cute, and Ava was scared to death of Santa as well.

I never have any good ideas for White Elephants either.

Kari said...

Love the pics! And white elephant gift exchanges are the best! Too bad I didn't see this post sooner - I have some good ideas for white elephant gifts!

Melanie said...

I miss the days when Santa came to our ward parties. He always came when I was growing up but in our ward now he never does! In fact, this year and last year our ward had a breakfast. Blah. I'm not a breakfast casserole person. Bah humbug! I miss the good old days.

Nanette said...

All little kids must be afraid of Santa because Ethan cried last year and I am worried about what he will do this year.

Kaelene said...

Aubrey, did you NOT read my blog??? I am BIZZAY!!
But, yes, I DID receive that card . . . and the Christmas card that you made is BEE-YOO-TIFUL!!!
LOVE It!!